Author Topic: cant see other aircraft beyond .4 miles???  (Read 1299 times)

Pizza EAS-42oo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
cant see other aircraft beyond .4 miles???
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »
cant see other aircraft beyond .4 miles???

posted by mikeytwc  has Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition   28 Jan, 2015 @ 8:42pm

well, i know it used to be an issue in fsx MP that if you were flying without tags in daytime, the LOD_RADIUS was set so that you would be unable to see other aircraft when they reached beyond .4 miles from your aircraft, this was also true if you placed a carrier, and went looking for it, (aircraft carriers are big and you should be able to see them from farther away than an aircraft)
well, I recalled a setting that helped in FSX to be able to see other aircraft out to 1 or 2 miles...
I am guessing here, but there are 2 settings in the cfg file that would have made that difference
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0 change from 3.5 in [SCENERY]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000 add this under [terrain]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
see if that helps any, I believe that was the mod i added years ago to the FSX CFG FILE

Source >> https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/611696927912104776/

you must be logged in to our Forums to get full access. can't login? Need help use the "NEED HELP? LETS CHAT" support on easternhops.com home page